Subject: Re: FLASH: Layered buttons & sounds
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 23:53:57 +0000 (GMT)

Hi John,
Thanks for the help. However I haven't been able to get it work. A couple
of things are not clear to me (read on):

>The basic setup is a two frame Movie Clip.
>In the first frame place 4 concentric buttons.
> 0, 1, 2, 3

Did this. Made 0 the largest, 3 the smallest, and stacked them in layers
so 3 is on top.

>Place the first Event sound in Button 1, second in 2 and third in 3.
>In Button zero place either a Stop All Sounds or 3 Sound Stop events.
>When the button 3 is moused over you will have a Go to Action to the
>Second Frame.

I put the sounds into the Over frame of each button in symbol edit mode.
Is this what you meant? I left all buttons as Track as Button.

>The Second frame will also have 4 buttons.
> Frame 3 will habve a button that has no Sound function.
> Frame 2 will have a Stop Sound 3 Action.
> Frame 1 will have Stop Sounds 2 and 3.
> Frame 0 will have either a Stop All sounds or Stop Sounds 1, 2, and
>3.

I assumed by "Frame 3" you meant Button 3, etc. I created 3 new concentric
buttons for this so that they would not have the sounds embedded. In their
instances in the movie clip I created the actions as you advised. I did
not know if the movie clip needed to loop, so I didn't insert any other
actions (stop or Go to 1).

The results were quite mixed, almost random. Sound 2 wsa most
unpredictable. I also got sounds looping on top of one another.

If you have the time, could you elaborate on your scheme? Thanks.

Marc Hoffman

View my Flash3 work: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/sampler>.
Play a virtual marimba: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog>.
Find out where my band performs: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/littlebird>.
Complain about self-promoting email signatures:
<marchofatjps [dot] net (subject: complaint) (mailto:marchofatjps [dot] net?subject=complaint)>