Subject: Re: FLASH: JavaScript FSCommand or....?
From: John Croteau
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 20:12:38 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Adam,

> I have a site built in Flash containing 8 scenes. What I want to do is
> access a scene directly (with out having to go through the intro).
> The site is "www.prism.co.za", but if the user visites
> "www.prism.co.za/vending/" the same Flash movie is accessed but the visitor
> is taken directly to the "Vending" scene in the Flash movie.
The best solution is to make a version with Vending as the first Scene.
You cannot goto a Scene (or frame) until it has been loaded into memory.
Scenes load into memory in order. You cannot go to Scene 5 until Scenes
1, 2, 3 and 4 are first loaded and the first frame of five is loaded
into memory (it doesn't exist until that point).

> I know this can be done using a JavaScript function like "gotoscene" or
> somthing similar, but am not sure how....
There are two Flash Methods (FSCommand) that can be used:
TCurrentFrame and TCurrentLabel
There is no go to Scene options.

With TCurrentFrame you need to calculate the frame number of a frame
based on the frame number in the Movie not in thnhe Scene.
With TCurrentLabel Flash will go to the first Label with that Label
name. If you use Start as a label in Scene one and two you will not be
able to address the frame Start in Scene 2 using TCurrentLabel.

For many uses in Flash 3 Scenes are not recommended for use in final
compositing of the FLA and export to the swf file.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/