Subject: Re: FLASH: Importing graphics from Illustrator
From: Eric Hess
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 21:04:44 +0000 (GMT)

At 12:19 24/11/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I may have figured out the problem importing Illustrator files into Flash
>and keeping the color values the same in Illustrator. Freehand has a
>fuction that will allow you to convert CMYK to RGB files during export.
>Illustrator, which creates art in CMYK or Pantone just like Freehand, does
>not have this feature. So the conversion is not as percise as Freehand.
>Does anyone know of a work around. Again I need to be able to save out
>Illustrator files to import into Flash and maintain the original color
>values.
>
>Laura Mollett wrote:
>
>> :I am trying to import a graphic in flash that I created in Illustrator.
>> :My challenge is trying to maintain the same color values that I
>> :specified in Illustrator.

Illustrator does provide the tools you need to save files so that all the
elements are in the RGB colorspace. Simply use cmd-A or ctrl-A to select
everything in your file, then select the Convert to RGB command from the
Filters>Colors sub menu. All of your CMYK colors will be converted to RGB.

We've heard the call from users that they need an easy way to ensure all
colors were in the CMYK space to prevent color shifts when printing. Hence
the CMYK Postscript check box option when saving as an EPS file. This is
the first I've heard of anyone requesting everything being converted to RGB
in an AI/EPS file. I'll see what I can do to make this easier in the future.

While we're on the topic of using Illustrator and Flash, if there is anyone
who would like to suggest other features to make the Illustrator / Flash
workflow easier I would be very interested in hearing them. Feel free to
e-mail me directly at ehessatadobe [dot] com

Regards,

Eric Hess
Eric Hess
Adobe Systems, Inc.