Subject: Re: FLASH: stupid JavaScript problem...
From: Colin Moock
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 15:34:19 +0000 (GMT)

flasheratshocker [dot] com,Internet writes:
>I am trying to use a FS Command to call a JavaScript function that
>opens a
>new window. I can't seem to get it to work. The way I have it set up
>now
>is that the button in the Shockwave file has a FS Command action with
>the
>word "updateWindow" in the command field. Then in the DoFSCommand
>function
>generated by AfterShock I test for the command "updateWindow" which
>executes
>the appropriate code. It doesn't seem to work!!

>Am I going about this the wrong way??

Pete,
It's probably worth visiting my Window Launching tutorials at:
colinmoock.iceinc.com/webdesign/flash/

That should give you an idea of other approaches to your problem. Note,
though, that I should be uploading a new and improved hidden frame
window launcher (technique #3) sometime this week. I'll mail the list
when it's up. The changes in it will be important enough that you'd
need to revisit and reimplement the technique if you end up using it...

-Colin