Subject: Re: FLASH: Clean Images? I cannot get any...
From: Paul Hagwood
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 21:53:58 +0000 (GMT)

>I am mystified on why I cannot get any nice looking images in my flash
>project.
>How can I optimize my files prior to or after importing into flash?
>
>Disgruntled,
>Arlen Nielsen - Multimedia Designer

Two questions:
1. Are you displaying the SWF movie at the same size you created it? If
you resize the bitmap images in the browser by making the flash file
bigger or smaller, I've noticed the quality suffers greatly.

2. Are you resizing the bitmaps after you import them into Flash?
If you keep them the same size and don't alter them at all (once they
are in Flash) then I've noticed much better results.

If none of the above is the case, then you may want to decide if there
is a way to do the same image as a vector file. After all, Flash wasn't
really made to display bitmap images. I hope any of this info helps a
little.