Subject: FLASH: Button after loading
From: Manish Buttan
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 18:10:02 GMT

Hi All,
We just finished a book in flash for a client. It is a single movie with
8 scenes. The first scene is a loading scene and the rest are the pages.
I have put a simple back-front navigation button pair to take me through the
pages.
The problem is, the navigation buttons appear before the next scene is
downloaded and users tend to keep clicking on the next button and nothing
happens.( I have programmed the button to work only after the next scene has
been downloaded with if frame is loaded.. SCENE..frame etc in the button
actions.)
I tried putting the similar action in the movie symbol of the button, to
make it have a blank frames loop till the next scene is loaded and then
appear. What I figure is that the SCENE choice gets disabled in symbols. And
so I am stuck.
The scenes have looping movie symbols playing, so I have to put a stop
action at the end of each scene timeline, so.. putting the if frame is
loaded on the main time line is not an option.

How do I execute the simple task of having my buttons appear after the next
scene is loaded.

Thanks for any help.
Manish

flasher is generously supported by...