Subject: FLASH: Command-line options in FSCommand Exec??
From: Stephen J. Pintauro
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 22:13:45 GMT

Hello all,
I am developing a simple tutorial to explain how to use a particular
computer application. The tutorial will be put on CD. I am using Flash
for the introductory screen with buttons, and I am using Lotus ScreenCam
to capture "movies" of my PC desktop activity, as part of the tutorial.

I found several excellent explanations related to this type of project
at the "Flashlite" site (http://www.flashlite.net). However, I still
have one problem. I want to run the Lotus ScreenCam movies from buttons
on the Flash intro screen. So, I assigned the FSCommand "Exec" and the
name of the projector ScreenCam file (eg. home.exe) as the "argument".
When the user clicks the Flash button, the ScreenCam projector movie
(eg. home.exe) plays fine. However, in order to play another ScreenCam
movie from a different Flash button, the ScreenCam projector application
must be "closed". However, this requires a command-line assigned to the
"home.exe" command. Specifically, Lotus ScreenCam requires that you use
the command-line "/C" to close the ScreenCam movie when it has completed
playing. In other words, I would need to enter "home.exe /C" in the
argument box of the FSCommand option. However, this does not work.

So.....does anybody know if it is possible to assign command-line
options to arguments in FSCommand? Or, does anybody have any
suggestions or work-arounds?
Thanks in advance,
Stephen Pintauro

--