Subject: Re: FLASH: OT: is there a MM Director list? can director do CD videos?
From: Michael Penne
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 01:06:38 GMT

Director can play QT(or mpeg or avi withthe appt.
extras) just fine, in fact many if not most of the CDs
that mix video w/other interface + programming are
made with Director. Its not really complex if you
RTFM;-). For presentations, Director's transitions,
scripts, sound controls etc. make PPT look like the
child's toy that it is, however accessing this takes
some time with the books. There is a great Dir. list
at DirectL, the searchable archives here should answer
most of your ?s. ->
http://listserv.uark.edu/archives/direct-l.html
(although if they just want an avi or qt that can play
on most computers, Director may be overkill, exporting
with the appropriate codec should do the trick just
fine.) For more on codecs and the best app. to create
video for computers, check here->
http://www.terran-int.com

--- Goldlink Media <webboardatgoldlink [dot] com> wrote:
> Yet another complex project. *sigh* why do I do
> this to myself?
>
> I need to find out if Director can take a 1000K
> video and make it a very
> attractable presentation for a television company.
> They are currently
> trying to distribute their vhs version by esporting
> as avi. I tried it on
> my computer and it crashed. My computer can't
> handle it which means most
> of their potential customers can't view it either.
>
> They are going for the look similar to what a dvd
> movie can do. I hope
> I"m explaining myself ok. I guess a simpler way of
> putting it is they want
> to take a 15 minute video and make a cd version of
> it.

=====
2D/3D/Flash/etc...

http://www.humboldt.edu/~mmp5