Subject: Re: FLASH: Scroll bar in text area
From: Rusty Worden
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 18:36:43 +0100

I actually just made one. Allow me to describe...

First, I made the list. In my case it was an Index.
The index was larger than the page I was working in so it kind of hung off the edge of the stage.

next I made a graphic symbol of a scroll bar and within that I made a button pointing down and another button pointing up.

I simply tweened the index in six different segments (3 going down and 3 going up)

The problem was that you could still see the text hanging off the bottom.

I used a mask layer (you have to insert a new layer DIRECTLY above the layer with the scrolling text and make it a mask layer).

If you do not know how to use masks in Flash turn to page 94 in your Flash 3 book. It is quite straight forward.

That should work.

Bear in mind that the two buttons will each have 3 different actions depending on at which point they are in the scrolling text.

I hope that helps. If you need more assistance feel free to e-mail me directly so we don't have to go through the lag time.

At 10:18 AM 10/20/98 -0300, Glenn Hart wrote:

> [...]

Check out this url: <http://www.lostgen.com>http://www.lostgen.com
Rusty Worden
Webmaster
Cisco Systems
408-527-7587

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming like the
passengers in his car.