Subject: Re: FLASH: Button actions in symbols
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 17:44:35 +0100

At 08:03 AM 10/21/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I can't seem to assign a Go to Next Scene action in a button symbol, only in
>the symbol's instance. Is this just the way it is, or am I doing something
>wrong?
>
>Thanks,
>Maraya

The best (and sometimes only) way to assign button actions is to assign
them to the on-stage instance, not to the button itself. Use clips and
actions within buttons only to modify the appearance of the button states.
Adhering to this will save you lots of confusion and grief :)

Marc Hoffman

View my Flash3 work: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/sampler>.
Play a virtual marimba: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog>.
Find out where my band performs: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/littlebird>.
Complain about self-promoting email signatures:
<marchofatjps [dot] net (subject: complaint) (mailto:marchofatjps [dot] net?subject=complaint)>