Subject: Re: FLASH: MM's Flash 4 wish list (re: PC's and Postscript Fonts)
From: Garret Parsons2
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 16:10:51 +0100

Hi some people call me a Mac guru, I'm not comfortable with that term,but
I do know a lot about the Mac. I too work in an environment with both Wintel
and Macs.
We had the same problem with Postscript Fonts and found out it was not Flash
causing the problem.

In our case we found out that the fonts on the Wintel side were not the same
type of PostScript Fonts. We bought the same set from Adobe for the Wintel
machines and installed ATM (very important) and all was fine. Some fonts
were corrupted on the Mac side and needed to be reinstalled.

ATM is something you find on all most every Mac, but is almost always
missing on the Wintel machines I have come across. Some times just making
sure that this little utility is installed fixes a lot of problems. Memory
is the other facter we found on some machines, both Macs and Wintels. ATM
needs more memory if you are going to have lots of fonts open.

Hope this helps
-Garret