Subject: Re: AW: FLASH: I'm looking for good Flash examples
From: David Gary
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 21:01:55 +0100

Robert Warnke wrote:

> I think a lot of designers (especially Director designer) don't know the
> difference between an interactivity and an animation.
>
> I hate time delay in an intro of a page.

Welcome to the web.

> If a designer put an animation or sound on his side he have to inform the
> user about this. Only the user can decide if he use this. Flash allow the
> designer to decide this - very bad.

I agree, In all intros or loading animations of a site, I believe the first
thing that
should pop up is a file size, THis gives the viewer a notice of how long he
could be waiting. A "pre-loader" will usually give the viewer and idea of how
large the file is,
but you can always read the status bar too. I personally post a "70kb" or
whatever the swf size is before loading any other graphics. If your good at
streaming animation then a loader or "wait time" is usually not needed.

-DG-