Subject: Re: AW: FLASH: I'm looking for good Flash examples
From: John Croteau
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 23:08:27 GMT

Hi Al,

> John, I don't totally disagree with you.... but....
Finally someone who doesn't totally disagree with me :-)

> I just want to see it. If you can think of a major/minor company
> that uses Flash to create a similar theme when compared to what
> they are using on TV/Print I'd love to see it.
> Heck, I NEED to see it, hehe.
> I'm not saying that it's going to be as good as a TV commercial.
> It just needs to tell the same story in the same way so that
> it permeates the dormant grey matter of the typical consumer.<g>
I actually have seen some that never made to the Web.
They either didn't have enough money or didn't ask for help in time.
Time is a critical factor in a major canpaigns and some Web versions
never see the light of day because they get the go ahead way behind the
other media and the campaign is over before anything is accomplished or
approved. This is the same for Flash as well as comventional web
campaigns but is usually more critical for Flash because creation and
optimization takes longer.

I have seen some minor companies do this with Flash and will keep my
eyes open to find those existing URLs and any new examples of good use
of branding especially ones that parallel TV/Print media campaigns. I
know of one potential candidate but we'll have to wait and see if it
makes it onto the Web.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/