Subject: Re: FLASH: bad design with Flash - John made jokes (very funny)
From: David Gary
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 18:23:21 GMT

Robert Warnke wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> thank you for your email. Some point were very funny.
>

> I teach Flash now and my multimedia students are not very enthusiastic about
> Flash.

Hiya Robert,

Because of your horrible English, I dont see how John C. or any other people
here can help you with your one track opinion. From what I got out of your
giberish it seems you
are simply not interested in Flash unless the user can turn of the graphics. I
dont know
what demo you downloaded, but FLash IS a _graphics_ program. I can only assume
out
of your ill-managed nouns and verbs that you are waiting for someone to "sell"
you the
idea of using flash.

I dont know how you can teach anyone the use of a tool you obviously dont
believe in.
To bring up important topics that might need to be implemented in the next
version of Flash is one thing, but it seems from your post you are only
interested in complaining
about very impractical topics. If the viewer goes to a FLash site and doesnt
want to watch the graphics, he can always hit that trustworthy "back" button.
The user DOES
have the power. Its his choice to visit the site or not.

I also believe from the interpretation of your juggled evolutionised latin that
you have no understanding of how advertising works or what it does for the
economy.

THe bonuses animated visuals allow in advertising, is setting a "mood" for the
product or establishing an "identity" for the brand. I would much rather watch a
small cartoon at Levis.com and then immerse myself in an interactive catalog,
then wait for an elephant giving birth while their "static" gifs and boring text
load on their "traditional" site.

I think the bottom line is: You've had a bad experience at a "Flash" site and
from that
experience have blossom into a "Flash" activist. Is it the fault of the
designer? maybe.
or could it be from someone that is simply impatient and has been watching more
television that surfing at 28.8?

> :-)This is a very good joke! I can't stop laughing about this!
> I never heard such a good stupid gag (sorry)!

> The next joke!
> Do you know the difference between pixel and vector graphic? I think not.

Talk about "impolite"

> I think your job here in the Flash fan club is to advertise Flash. OK, you
> earn money for this. But advertise in the internet work very different to
> advertise in other media. A lot of people hate advertise. Me too. I didn't
> listen to radio station with advertise and I watch mostly tv station without
> commercials and if there are I switch off.
> And I switch off advertise in the internet so oft I can!

Robert, its obvious you have no clue how the commercial industry works.
Its the commercials and sponsors that pay for the televised production
of the "stuff" you _wanna_ watch.

YOu dont go to a movie and see a commercial because your capital just
went the the box office. On TV your capital goes to the sponsor to pay for
the programming of the televised event. The web works in much the same way.

Maybe you should take a course yourself O' "teacher" in how the application of
Flash will insure it's future and our investment in our time, more than drivel
on about a needless "turn the graphics off" option.

-DG-