Subject: Re: FLASH: Something to do with Transparency...
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 05:34:10 GMT

At 06:03 PM 10/28/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Is it at all possible to put a flash element on a page and have the flash
>element be "transparent" so that the actual page background is the
>background for the flash piece?
>
>Russell E. Unger

Russell:
This works in IE (but not in NN) under the Transparent setting in
Aftershock (of course you can hand-code it, too, but since it's not
cross-browser I don't have it memorized).

For a similar cross-browser effect, you can use a solid fill for your .fla
bottom layer and match this to the background color of your html page, and
this will work in either browser (though it won't allow background .gif's
to show through). If I may toot my own horn, look here for an example of a
Flash animation that appears to float onto the page:
<http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/sampler/flashinf.htm>.

HTH.

Marc

Marc Hoffman

View my Flash3 work: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/sampler>.
Play a virtual marimba: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog>.
Find out where my band performs: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/littlebird>.
Complain about self-promoting email signatures:
<marchofatjps [dot] net (subject: complaint) (mailto:marchofatjps [dot] net?subject=complaint)>