Subject: FLASH: Flash CD Help site coming soon :)
From: Rey, Chrissy
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 16:11:22 GMT

I'm currently working on a web site that will compile all of the information I have collected about making CD's with Flash (mainly it's about making Flash movies for use in the stand-alone projector). Based on my own experience with trying to collect all of this information, it appears to me that such a resource is lacking!

The site will have in-depth information about FSCommands as they relate to the stand-alone projectors, tutorials on creating your very own BAT and autorun.inf files (as well as links to more in-depth info for those who want to get fancy), licensing information that I've collected, links to the many other wonderful Flash resources out there, sample Flash files that illustrate the features of the stand-alone projector, information about burning the finished product, and much more.

Since *all* of my experience on this subject is Windows 95-based, the site will be quite lacking in Mac resources. If anyone out there has some experience doing Mac CDs, I'd love to hear from you :)

The bulk of the site will be simple HTML, not a Flash interface, mainly because I'd like people to be able to print out the information for use as a reference :) I have also had a couple of offers to translate the site into other languages so it can be more useful to everyone.

Anyhow, the point of this whole mail is to let everyone know that this site is on its way, and to ask anyone who would like to help me with this project to get in touch with me (chrissy [dot] reyatusdoj [dot] gov or artemisianaterols [dot] com). If you've made a CD with flash before, or just want to, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks a bunch for all the help I've gotten from this list. I hope I can try to give something back with this site :)

Chrissy Rey
Web Developer
United States Trustee Program
chrissy [dot] reyatusdoj [dot] gov