Subject: Re: FLASH: please check game support site and help me solve problem
From: Marc Hoffman
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 00:52:29 GMT

At 12:42 AM 10/31/98 +0100, you wrote:
>:
>
>www.lr.tudelft.nl/~lr806482/eot/eye of traldar.swf
>
>this is the direct swf file (no HTML yet).
>then choose Tekst (=text) now the introductory story should being loaded and
>displayed, but unfortunately this does not happen until you go back to the
>mainmenu (hoofdmenu) and again to the text section.
>
>This also happens with the Kaarten (=maps) section.
>
>The strange thing is, that when I run those file locally (off-line on my
>hdd), everything is fine and works the way it has to work.

Geoffrey:

That URL didn't work for me. Is it correct? I can't really begin to guess
the structure of your movie, but I have a hunch either you're calling stuff
(with tell target) before it's loaded, or you have movie clips that don't
have instance names, or you're using several .swf's stacked on levels but
they're not named consistently. If it works fine locally, it may be
because things load almost instantly there, whereas they're slower on the
web (and, therefore, not available to be targeted immediately). Check to
see if, once loaded into your browser's cache, it now runs correctly when
you revisit the site. Then empty the cache and test again. Really, it
could be anything :-), we need more details (and a working URL).

Best wishes,

Marc

Marc Hoffman

View my Flash3 work: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/sampler>.
Play a virtual marimba: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog>.
Find out where my band performs: <http://www.jps.net/dartfrog/littlebird>.
Complain about self-promoting email signatures:
<marchofatjps [dot] net (subject: complaint) (mailto:marchofatjps [dot] net?subject=complaint)>