Subject: Tell Target Help ? (Was) Re: FLASH: What's Your Opinion...
From: Sienna
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 06:41:06 +0100

At 02:45 PM 10/24/99 GMT, you wrote:
>Hi,
> I would like to get your opinion on a flash web site that I have
developed.
>The address is http://www.kevingrunert.cjb.net

How did you get the words to slide back when you click on a link? Is that
a tell target?

I'm trying to do something similar. When someone clicks on a menu item, i
want the whole menu slide backwards but I'm not having any luck.

All I know how to do right now is make scenes and each scene plays a movie
that experienced flashers most likely do with load/unload movies. I don't
know where to put the movies on the time lines to make them not seen until
I need them so I do things the hard way for now.

I try to edit the properties of buttons in a movie clip and they dim the
"go to scene option". It HAS to go to another scene because what I want it
to play is not a movie.. it's a full scene.

Is there an advantage to using movies parked on a time line instead of
making all "movies" as separate scenes? If so, how do you place your
movies on the right portion of your main scene without them being visible?
What makes them visible when you want them to play?

Sorry for the many questions, but I really don't understand how to park a
movie or WHERE to park it.

Sienna

flasher is generously supported by...