Subject: FLASH: Preloading
From: Lee Springthorpe
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:54:46 +0100

Hi all

I am having major problems with a large flash file.  I have 19 buttons that call 18 sections within the flash movie, all of them call a frame that has a loading moving clip in them that loops until the section is loaded, the problem is that the buttons won't actually navigate to the sections with the movie clip in...they will only navigate to where ever it has cached...ie..if i click on button 7 it goes to section 2 then...I wait a while for more of it to download and press 7 again and it goes to section 5.

This is really hard to explain but I hope spmeone understands what I am trying to say  :)

the project is at www.wildwoodgolf.co.uk/tmp        flashsite....skip intro....the course...holes 1-18   I have only done holes 1-7 so far

Oh and does anyone know where I could get help doing forms inside flash...I have tried using the manual and the technote but still don't understand

Thanks in advance

Lee Springthorpe