Subject: FLASH: help re-arrange our office [ON-TOPIC... No seriously, it is]
From: Christian Cook
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 14:11:09 +0100

with the onset of new staff son to invade the office we are lookinh to
rearrange the office and add some new desks. Last time this involved losing
a day whilst we all shoved huge wooden desks around only to have the boss
say- "No, put it back again".

This time, I suggested rearranging the ofice in a scale flash move before we
all start breaking our backs... but I've hit a snag in Flash 4.

a mock up of the piece so far is at-
http://www.isluk.com/~officeplan/index.htm

the chair and l-desk are rotatable by clicking R and draggable by click
dragging D. the other bits will all be likewise. I did have a plus and minus
button on the desk as I wanted to be able to duplicate and delete desks with
a simple click and thus avoid having a huge pile of spare desks sitting at
the side of the screen from the beginning, along with a stack of chairs
etc...

the objects are movie clips containing a graphic and the buttons. The
trouble is that when I duplicate the move clip using the duplicate command,
the scripts attached to the buttons are still pointing at the old move clip
and it all goes a tad screwy (The new clip appeared and was automatically
stuck to teh cursor as soon as you touched it). Rather than having the
button say:

On (Release)
Set Property ("/Ldesk", Rotation) = GetProperty
("/Ldesk",_rotation)+45
End On

I need to have it say something like:

On (Release)
Set Property ("/parent", Rotation) = GetProperty
("/parent",_rotation)+45
End On

or:

On (Release)
Set Property ("/self", Rotation) = GetProperty ("/self",_rotation)+45
End On

I would also need to be able to duplicate the names multiple times and have
it add them as oldname+01 and then oldname+02. (I would have the '+' button
duplicate the clip, and the '-' button delete self).

Is this at all possible in Flash4 or do I have to have a huge pile of
furniture at the side?

Sorry this was a long one, cheer for any pointers or suggestions.

Regards,
Christian Cook
Designer, ISL
Tel: +44 (0)1372 227400
Fax: +44 (0)1372 225120
<cccatisluk [dot] com (mailto:cccatisluk [dot] com)>
<http://www.isluk.com>

flasher is generously supported by...