Subject: Re: FLASH: Wacom in Flash
From: Adam Berninger
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 13:57:01 +0100

With the ArtzII series, it was a puck, now I believe it is called a 4d mouse
with the Intuos line. It is basically a wireless mouse that works just on the
wacom surface. There is no pressure sensitivity of course, but it has
programable buttons. The ArtzII line had pucks with anywhere from 2 to 16
buttons. I think the Intuos has one version, but looks pretty nice: 5 buttons,
and a scroll wheel on the side. Personally I like the old style puck buttons,
where each button was a seperate circle, but I guess the new "clickers" are more
convertional and similar to those of a regular mouse. The purpose of this is to
reduce the need for another mouse (although I would still keep mine) and give
you some really nice customability at the same time. I imagine that these pucks
will become more important with the Intuos because of the ability to use both at
the same time.

adam