Subject: Re: FLASH: Mexico City Zoos
From: Ricardo Madrazo
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 15:39:27 +0100

>Ricardo,
>
>Nice clean formal work. I think it was a pity you didn't use more
>elements from Mexican culture, animal iconography is extremly powerfull
>in your part of the world and it's use would have enhanced your work.

Well, actually, this is only the first stage of the big project, which is
putting all four Mexico City zoos online themselves, with all the animals,
the sounds they make, their habitats, etc. It's planned to be two versions
as well: all HTML and all Flash. For the zoos themselves, we are going to
rely heavily on the animal iconography you mention. This first stage is
only for the Zoo department itself.

>I would correct one thing, when you reach 'La Biodiversidade' you have a
>link to 'biomas' twice. This is well thought but if the user follows it
>he has no way of turning back to where he came from. Maybe this had you
>stumped but if you use tell target you can place the user back where he
>came from.

Yes, I noticed that too. Gonna fix it today :-). Thanks.

>Another bug is when
>you have the map active. The first time it loads all is OK the shaded
>active areas appear. Now select one, view the info it shows you then
>click the back button, oops, yes no shaded areas on the map unless you
>force a play action via the menu. Again this is easy to correct.

Yes, I actually had the label on the wrong frame, so the button action was
going to the wrong place. Fixed it. Thanks.

The problem here is more of logistics than anything else, actually.
Because I correct the little bugs, then re-send the .swf file to the
webmaster and I don't have a way of controlling when she uploads it.... Oh
well, that's what happens when your client is the government... #!%/&
bureaucracy (sp?)

>Ricardo Madrazo wrote:
>> http://www.ddf.gob.mx/zoo/flash/

Saludos,

Ricardo Madrazo
--------
Tecolote Digital
madrazoatel-tecolote [dot] com (mailto:madrazoatel-tecolote [dot] com)
http://www.el-tecolote.com
(525) 530-1870
(525) 639-8460 fax