Subject: Re: FLASH: Virtual Paper Doll
From: suzy
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 19:06:30 +0100

my dear mr. hagwood,

i don't think anyone on this list would complain about the "display
of a sexy female" here.

you can in fact, tell target animations to play when outfits are
placed on miss vamp, but if you want an animation to run after
certain combos of apparel items are placed on her, that's way more
tricky.

you have given your users carte blanche to commit all sorts of
egregious fashion faux pas by using pop up menus to select their own
fashion looks for each item (pretty damn funny, imho). the drawback
is that it's more complicated to run an animation with the vast
number of fashion don'ts that can be created.

i am not the person qualified to say it can or cannot be
accomplished, for i, too, am a hopeless right-brainer. nevertheless,
there are no shortage of people reading this that can with one flick
of their wrist, give us the thumbs up or the thumbs down on this.

if you get the green light, then the fun begins of kissing up to the
flash gurus for help. by grovelling on my belly, with a sad wounded
puppy look on my face, kind souls have stepped forward to show me the
light.

now, since you've shown me yours, i will show you mine (paper doll,
that is), sometime before the millenium i will post the url. i love
seeing fresh approaches to the same idea. i thought miss vamp would
be kinda fun to go clubbing with sometime. tell her i know some
spots in l.a...

being the complete control freak that i am, my solution was to create
entire ensembles that triggered animations. there'll be no coupling
of go-go boots and power suits on my girl!

now, if you don't want to post your "adult" version, how 'bout
slipping me that url on the d.l.?

suzy

s u z y

"fuck art, let's dance"