Subject: RE: FLASH: probably a dumb question
From: George Kuch
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 20:32:07 +0100

> I'm new the list so plase to flame me too bad. I have a question: Is
> there a way to jump ahead to a spot in your flash movie when
> your movie
> loads instead of always starting from the beginning.
>
> I'm working on a flash portfolio for my company and I would
> like the user
> to be able to jump ahead automagically when switching from
> html pages back
> into the flash movie.
>
> TIA
> james

james,

If you use If Frame Loaded and check to see if the last frame is loaded, you
could forward to the frame you want them to see. We use this often when we
want to use an openning movie also as a navigation page. The second time
through, after the movie has been cached, it goes directly to a point in the
movie where it can be used as navigation without having to watch it from the
beginning.

Hope this helps,

|George Kuch |
|SSD&W Inc |