Subject: Re: FLASH: A Variety of Questions
From: Nigel Randsley-Pena
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 22:34:37 +0100

Rachel,

________The answers_________

1.
Yes. Not as you suggest, but yes. Flash supports a load movie command
that allows you to load an external swf file into another level of your
current swf file. So if you wanted to implement your gif example all you
would have to do is to encapsulae your gif image into a one frame flash
movie.
2.
Macromedia's site has some excelent third party studies on plugin
penetration among surfers. Might not be as specific as you want but it
is the best publicly available data. Check the upper left corner on the
entry page to the mothership's site.
3.
Yes, just like in Director.
4.
Don't fear, I guess you're to used to lingo to feel comfortable with
Flash Action Scripting. Just keep at it and as soon as you're able to
disengage from your aquired habits brought in from director you'll
advance quite quickly. As for the second part of the question, no there
are no limits even if I don't quite grasp what you mean by 'too
confusing'.

Hope this answers your questions,

Nigel