Subject: Re: FLASH: A Variety of Questions
From: Rachel Bachman
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:00:37 +0100

Thanks Nigel. Your answers are quite helpful. Your answers
have generated new questions for me.

>3.
>Yes, just like in Director.
Hmmm. I am still confused on this. Here is a scenario.
I have an swf file. Inside the swf file is a text field.
In addition there is a txt file that contains a line of
text. These files sit on a server in the same directory.

I can script something to the effect of the following?
(I know this is not correct syntax.)

get line 1 of "udated.txt" and put it into x
put x into myTextField

It wouldn't be something like the following.
go to getThatLineOftextCGIscript
execute script to get line 1 of some text file sitting somewhere
put x into myTextField

>4.
>As for the second part of the question, no there
>are no limits even if I don't quite grasp what you mean by 'too
>confusing'.

I guess I have a very clear picture of where my handlers
and scripts "live" and should "live" within director. I'm
having a harder time understanding where "generic"
type handlers/scripts "live" in Flash.

more again, thanks for your time!
rachel