Subject: Re: FLASH: Carriage Return
From: Wes Tilson
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 02:50:39 +0100

Hi John,

So, you are saying that in Flash 4:
> No need for Chr(10) on a PC to get a cArriage return -->
>
> Set Variable: "lines" = "Line1" & Chr (13) & "Line2"
> Set Variable: "lines" = "Line1" & Newline & "Line2"
This is true in Flash 4 because in Flash 4 Newline combines ASCII 13 with
ASCII 10 to
get a line feed and carriage return in a text field on the PC.

When I referred to a Text Box in VB5, I was correct in saying:
> > On the PC, one way is to combine ASCII 13 with ASCII 10 to
> > get a line feed and carriage return.
> > On the Mac system only one of these is used to get the result.
>
> > In BASIC:
> > Dim LFCR
> > LFCR = Chr(13) + Chr(10)
> > Text1.txt = "test" & LFCR & "test" gets
> > test
> > test

This is why when one brings a text file from the Mac to a PC, all the text
is on one line until converted through software. When a text file is brought
straight from a PC to a Mac, there is a special character on the line until
converted through software.