Subject: RE: FLASH: Importing MP3 files
From: Heather Perkins
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 16:59:27 +0100

>You can get Winamp for the PC (which I assume you are using), and it will
>convert the MP3 files to WAVs. It also happens to be the best MP3 player
>around.

For the Mac, SoundApp will do this, too--although there are better players
for the Mac, SoundApp is the best MP3->plain audio file converter I've found,
and shareware to boot. But be forewarned that if you decode an MP3, import
the resulting soundfile(s) into Flash, and then recompress, they will have
even
more compression artifacts (crackly crunchy noises). I even find that decoded
MP3s by themselves have artifacts introduced.

It's like (as I believe someone said) converting a JPEG to a PICT, then
back to a JPEG....artifacts creep into the image.

Heather Perkins
Senior Sound Designer, EGN Content Studios North
http://www.egreetings.com
http://www.teleport.com/~hperkins

Chaos, panic & disorder...
My work here is done.