Subject: RE: FLASH: Admin List question
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 10:45:26 +0100

Hi Jefferis & Mike,

The list server is not currently set to bounce emails that use MIME format.
The main reason I haven't done this is due to the high volume of email
traffic on the list and, because I hope the huge majority of multimedia
types on the list have email clients capable of handling MIME-encoded
messages. I'm concerned that if all the MIME messages were bounced it would
considerably slow down the responsiveness of the list as they would have to
be manually sorted through.

Toodle Pip

Sam

At 23:29 06/09/99 +0200, you wrote:

> Jefferis,
>
> AFAIK even digest members with outlook express see doubled
> messages with code trash, if somebody sends html or attachments
> to the list. In some lists the admins configure the list software
> so that non-plain-text messages are bounced, like in the Flashpro
> list for example. There might be reasons why this is not the case
> here.
>
> Mike
>
> Mike S. Krischker - Switzerland
> Owner of the Flashpro Mailing List
> http://muinar.com/flashpro/
> mskatmuinar [dot] com (mailto:mskatmuinar [dot] com)

http://www.chinwag.com

Home of the UK-Netmarketing, UKNM-jobs, Flasher,
Shockwave and other mailing lists.

- for help unsubscribing <helpatchinwag [dot] com (mailto:helpatchinwag [dot] com)>
- for sales enquiries <salesatchinwag [dot] com (mailto:salesatchinwag [dot] com)>
- for general feedback <feedbackatchinwag [dot] com (mailto:feedbackatchinwag [dot] com)>