Subject: Re: FLASH: LOADING AND SENDING VARIABLES CONFUSION
From: Nigel Randsley-Pena
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 17:35:46 +0100

Marcus,

Please do not post html to this list.
"upset that I have received little support on this list aside from John
Croteau."
I went back and retraced your emails and the answers given to them.
John's answers are so well given that I doubt anyone had anythig to add,
so it should come as no suprise that you received only one answer.

"Is there not a way to pass my variables to the database (through ASP,
CGI, HTML, Javascript, whatever) AND have the results sent to the same
page???"

Yes there is. Depending on your server and database setup I would
recomend various alternatives.
>From what you posted earlier you are using a server from the ex-Netscape
Enterprise series, but you give no indication as to your database
software. Outlining a solution with this knowledge alone is an excercise
in futility. Please try to be more specific.
One thing you might want to consider is instead of using the call to
process.html that in turn calls the database search routine to just call
the search routine by passing it the variables directly from Flash and
have it send the results to Flash. It's a much more direct route.

Nigel