Subject: Re: FLASH: Aspect Ratio
From: Russell E. Unger
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 18:21:08 +0100

You should truly only be seeing "distortion" if you are using bitmapped
images.

Dimensions, generally won't be distorted, unless you are using bitmapps.
Now, if you are talking about having your movie not look "the same" as it
did when you created it, simply keep an aspect ratio of 4:3 and it should
expand quite nicely. Then again, browsers do not fill up a full monitor, so
you will have to measure the top and bottom and sides of your browsers.
Then, try to figure that most people will have different settings for their
browsers...then...

See, it gets deeply, deeply complicated. If you're looking to keep it
pretty tight, I'd simply not recommend making it full-browser, ever.

HTH,

Rus