Subject: Re: FLASH: Monitor size and resolution (was virtual paperdoll)
From: Dorian Nisinson
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 03:09:08 +0100

Karin,
The first thing is to find out what screen resolution your monitor and
you graphics card will support. Some monitor at 15 inches can handle
higher resolutions and some can't. Ditto with graphics cards. If both
your card and your monitor say they can support 800 by 600 then you can
try to change it. Also there is a third factor and that is the color
depth supported for each resolution. All three variables need to be
considered. It can easily be that your monitor/card combination can only
display 800 by 600 at 65,000 colors as opposed to 16 million. There is
also a fourth factor, just to make you really crazy, and that is refresh
rate, which is the number of times per length of time (second?) that the
screen refreshes or redraws itself. This can be a big problem because if
the refresh rate is too slow at a given resolution and color depth then
you get a slight flicker which can be very annoying after a short while.
I'd look at the documentation that came with your hardware and see what
its capabilities are before making changes.

Dorian

--

FLASHCENTRAL.COM * The Source for Flash Information *
http://www.FlashCentral.com/

Flash Tell Target Tutorial
http://www.FlashBible.com/members/TellTarget/
The Flash Fortune Teller http://www.bway.net/~dorian/FortuneT.htm