Subject: Re: FLASH: Something very simple I am sure?!?!
From: Paul Hagwood
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 19:12:21 +0100

> The below actions that you have shown work fine,
but the one thing that I
> do not really understand and have been looking for
some good writeups on
> is the "levels".
> I understand how everything works but the levels,
> the Load Movie ("1.swf", 5).
> I do not really understand why level 5, why not 1
or 10 or 20.
> Can someone explain this to me or point me in a
good direction.

> Thanks (once again)!

Levels are kind of like layers. Your first movie is
at level0 and level1 is above level0 and so on... So
if you want to load two different flash files and
have a third flash file that is your navigation you
might do it something like this:
firstflash.swf- level0
secondflash.swf- level1
navigation.swf- level2 or 3 or 10

The point is if you load the secondflash.swf into
level0 you will replace firstflash.swf or if your
navigation.swf is in level0 then the secondflash.swf
would be above it and it may cover it up.

Hope this helps.

===
Paul Hagwood
Web Design and Multimedia