Subject: FLASH: Importing Sounds
From: whitelaw
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 18:37:23 +0100

Hello All,

Is anyone getting spotty results when importing larger sounds? I
have a larger MP3 file that I am converting to AIFF and WAV. However,
Flash will fail to import it whether it is AIFF or WAV. In fact, when I
try to import it as a AIFF, I gett millions of small dialog boxes with no
text in them that need to be dismissed before I get the usual error
dialog box that just reports some general problem importing the file.
With WAV files, it just gives me the general error report, without all
the little annoying dialog boxes.

I am working on a mac and have used SoundEdit 16 2.0.7 and SoundJam
1.1 to convert the files. Is there another app out there that does the
conversion better? Or at least does the conversion in a way that lets
Flash use it successfully?

Thanks,
Robert