Subject: RE: FLASH: Importing Flash 3 into Dreamweaver.
From: Jason Brown
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:54:35 +0100

i would say if you're designing for version 4.0 browsers (90+% of browsers),
do one of the following

1. Use an Iframe and layer system, and change the source on a button click
2. Use absolutely positiioned DIVs, and slide them in.
3. Use a blank movie, then dynamically alter the object and embed src
attributes with an onClick event (implimentation a bit buggy.)
4. Just change the page. (simple)
5. Use javascript to communicate with the movie (never done this myself, I'm
a programmer before a flash designer so i prefer to do things
programatically on the page rather than in the flash movie) or use another
movie to communicate across the page
6. do the whole thing in flash (simple)
7. use the show/hide layers behaviour in dreamweaver to show a movie on the
click -( hitch - you won't be able to control when the movie starts that
way, and the ie active x control sometimes shows up anyway)
8. Do the whole thing in dHTML (my solution, usually. I turn to flash only
when I have to, as it apparently has lower penetration than dHTML capable
browsers - according to www.statmarket.com though i have turned to it quite
a lot for scaling tweens, rotations, scalable effects, faster loading and
sheer desperation with dHTML implimentation)

that proabably didn't help that much, but those are most of the options.