Subject: Re: FLASH: Unloading a movie clip?
From: Karin Christensen
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 23:34:14 +0100

Hi Michael,
One simple way to solve this is to put each movie clip in a separate
frame and layer. Have a key frame after the instance of the movie
clip where it is deleted. In the same frame as the deleted MC, but in
a different layer put another MC. You will need to label each frame
where the MC resides and tell the maintimeline to go to that frame to
play the MC. Hope that makes sense, it is easier to do than explain.
The other way is to tell target each MC to go to and stop at a "park"
frame where there is no image, but that can be alot of tell targeting
if you have many MC's.
Karin

>I have a few buttons on my stage which run movie clips when pressed.
This bit works fine, but all the movie clips are at the same place on
the stage, and when I press a button for the second time, it just
appears underneath the one already there. I've tried putting a
transparent (same colour) background on the MC, but that just
obstructs the second MC.

So how do I unload the first MC before running the second MC?

http://homepage.tinet.ie/~mpgalvin/humour.html
Because I'm worth it