Subject: Re: FLASH: Unloading a movie clip?
From: Miranda Maryadi
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 05:17:05 +0100

>>I have a few buttons on my stage which run movie clips when pressed.
>This bit works fine, but all the movie clips are at the same place on
>the stage, and when I press a button for the second time, it just
>appears underneath the one already there. I've tried putting a
>transparent (same colour) background on the MC, but that just
>obstructs the second MC.
>
>So how do I unload the first MC before running the second MC?

For me, I "collect" all the movie clip and put them together in one "big
clip" (that's what I call it :P) with the first frame blank, and I name the
instance (e.g moviebig) and then I just put "tell target" command on each
button. The command is :
On (Release)
Begin Tell Target ("/moviebig")
Go To and Stop (2) --> or any other frame labels
End Tell Target
End On

And then when you click button one, it will play movie number one, etc..
If you need the fla, mail me personally and I will send it to you.

Hope this will help :)
Bubye