Subject: FLASH: Copyrights
From: Cheri Harder
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:22:41 +0100

Where would be a good source of information regarding copyright of cartoon
characters and recognizable cartoon character sounds? If I were to draw
Mickey Mouse should I credit Disney? If I were to "trace" someone elses
drawing of Mickey Mouse, who do I credit? Reason I ask is I made a fun
demonstration of the "stretching" scale effect using a traced drawing (not
my drawing) of Warner Bros. chartoon characters and don't wish to get in
trouble by publishing it as a demo. I don't know if I just need to give
credit to Warner Bros, state its purpose as educational and not-for-profit,
or not use it at all....Guidelines anywhere? I really need to get more info
on this type of thing especially since my own artistic talent is NIL (or is
that Null?) :0)

TIA

~~~~Cheri Harder~~~~~
Advantage Web Solutions
http://members.home.com/cherica
mail to:AdvantageWebSolutionsatHome [dot] com