Subject: FLASH: Flash detection problem solved
From: Phil Ward
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:22:30 +0100

I posted a query re Flash detection causing Javascript error on the
detection page yesterday.

Today I have found out that the server was the fault freenetname.co.uk do
not support flash content, presumably they don't have the mime type set.

If their mime type is not set why can I see flash content if I directly view
a page with a swf on it?

Oh well I have asked them to think about setting the mime type, but they
didn'y seem too keen.

Does anyone know a rough percentage of servers still not capable of
displaying Flash content?

Regards

Phil Ward
Crescent Graphics

phil-watcrescent-graphics [dot] co [dot] uk

New Media <> Internet <> Visuals <> A/W