Subject: FLASH: RE: Posted without permission
From: boB
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 14:51:32 +0100

Hello,

> I don't want to give up the effects of flash but I also
> don't want ppl to stop going to a site because they are tired of seeing flash.

Sure effects are fun and all, but let not forget that flash has other
advantages.

I just created a navigation bar. In the regular version just the gifs
weigh in at about 45k, whereas the flash nav bar, with more
interactivity, weighs in at about 19k. That's about a 26k gain!

I think there's a place for flashy sites and intros, but too much is
like too little, you end up getting sick...

Just my 2c,

boB :)