Subject: RE: FLASH: Resource Site.
From: L Taylor
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 19:28:00 +0100

Hi Aaron,

Got this email and checked it out. Looks pretty good!

It seems that you're somewhat of a flash guru...so I'd like to run this
past you. I've posted to the list, but unfortunately still haven't resolved
my problem....I think a lot of it is because I don't know jvascript, but
anyway here goes:

I have been working on getting the plug-in detect to work for days now and
everytime I think it is working, someone tells me it's not working for
them.

The website: http://www.inn-entertainment.com

Some problems I've been having (the first 2 problems are my main concern):
- Red screen, no flash movie, no redirect to static page, no nothing (AOL /
e-machine)
- Asks if you want to download the plug-in and if you cancel it tries to
load flash anyway. (PC / IE5 / Win98)
- Plays the movie, then refreshes to static page anyway (PC / Netscape 4 /
Win 98)

I have included the HTML pages that I am using, so you can get an idea of
what I am trying to do. I realize that this is a lot to ask, but I would be
eternally grateful if you could help me get a seamless, cross-platform
solution. I know that you can't detect plug-ins on IE on the mac, but as
long as the viewer goes to the static page I don't really mind. If you let
me know how much you think it would cost, I would be willing to pay for
your time.

Many thanks,
Lesley.

What Media : web design & development