Subject: RE: FLASH: bad scenes?
From: Brack, Jeremy
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:00:20 +0100

JGL:
Well I think you said it best when you could not provide me with any example
of a movie with bad scenes.
I can however provide you with many (thousands)of examples of Flash 4 movies
with good scenes and interactivity.

One of your points that you list below is in regards to a Flash scene
replicating a movie clip for each scene and therefore increasing download
time. This was way back in the days of Flash 2 (1997), if you read the
post. Flash 4 has full support for Symbols. You create a movie clip SYMBOL
and it is downloaded once, and is re-used infinitely thoughout all scenes
until you manually delete your browser cache.

You found a lot of old posts and none of them explains even 1 example of a
scene based movie not working.
Thats it, you dont like scenes. They are not bad or good, its just a matter
of personal taste.
There are no bad-scene based movies, because scenes work perfectly.

If scenes did not work, then MM would not have incorporated them into Flash
4/5.
Case closed. Scenes vs pure movieclip is a matter of personal taste.

Jeremy