Subject: Re: UKNM: Re: marketing spam
From: Lee Rickler
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 18:44:40 +0100

>Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 20:49:07 +0000
>From: tristanatcorpex [dot] com
>Subject: Re: UKNM: Re: marketing spam
>
>Comment from an ISP,
>
>Hi Steve - all.
>
>I totally agree with this premise about the economics of it meaning its
>difficult to stop at source. Because we are a dedicated hosting company
>that supports email services rather than an access company that can easily
>block forwarding et all from non client users we have/ had the problem that
>many of these 'products' list our mail servers as a relay. In order to
>survive we HAD to develop a system to eliminate them.
<snip></snip>

Hi All,

I'd totally back Tristan up on this one.
I've been using Corpex for a few years, or so, now and att he
beginning I was constantly binning perhaps 75% of my mail because it was
useless.
Thanks to all the hard work @ Corpex I now get about 75% of USEFUL
mail.
Only downside is that I sometimes have to wait around 30 minutes to
receive mail.
This isn't usually a problem but I sometimes rely on messages
getting through instantly, live radio link-ups etc.

Couldn't we just all switch to video-conferencing with pin numbers
and bar codes ?
Now, surely _all_ ISPs would back this and give us free cable modems
and online time 24hrs a day !!!

Lee

* -- leeaturbanmediadesigns [dot] com -- *
* -- urbanmediadesigns.com -- *
* -- djindex.com -- *
* -- summerfestivals.com -- *