Subject: Re: UKNM: Domain Name Theft
From: Alpesh Doshi
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 08:29:57 +0100

There has been a legal precedent set in this in the last year under U.K.
law.

Any company attempting to purchase the name solely for the purposes of
creating a market in that name is not permitted.

The test case referring to this is commonly known in legal circles as the
One-in-a-Million case.

Therefore, you should ask you lawyers to research this case and present it
to the offending company.

Also, if another company is using your name on the web it could be
considered 'passing off' which is not allowed under UK Law.

Thanks

Alpesh Doshi
Axiom Consulting Limited.
alpesh [dot] doshiataxiomconsulting [dot] com
Tel: +44 181 785 1148