Subject: UKNM: problems measuring site speed
From: Charles Linn
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 23:37:00 +0100

I am looking for a way to measure the comparative speed of our web pages. What
I am looking for is something beyond simple stat analysis and SNMP stats, and
have in mind the following: Company gives you a page to put on your website
somewhere, and then they download it at different times of the day, and compare
this with downloads of the same page from other peoples sites. All I have to
go on is that our SNMP stats currently show that our connection is saturated,
which is rather a crude estimate of speed problems. If anyone has any
contacts or comments/better ideas I would be really interested to hear them.

Cheers

Chas

--
Charles Linn