Subject: Re: UKNM: Nielsen Norman Usability Conference - any comments?
From: GILES_TURNBULL
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 16:17:01 +0100

I made it along for most of the day - although there were lots of things
said that I felt were largely common sense, it was still pretty
entertaining.

Nielsen was funny, more for his bouncy-bouncy physical stage presence than
for his jokes. Likewise Tognazzini - both had lots of amusing tales and
anecdotes to tell which kept everybody chuckling.

One thing struck me - although the NMA Congress was also useful, I think it
could be improved by adopting the Design For Usability idea of having
fewer, better speakers, each with an hour-long slot; as opposed to trying
to cram in lots more speakers in shorter slots.

Just a suggestion, Mike B.

cheers

Giles

Vincent wrote:

Hi folks,

Anyone make it to the usability conference in London yesterday with
Nielsen,
Tognazzini, Laurel, Norman et al?

Good, bad, indifferent?

Regards,
Vincent

Affiliate Solutions Seminar - London, England
A one day seminar for Merchants and Affiliates which
focuses on Revenue Sharing and Affiliate Marketing
for the online industry. Being held April 26, 2000, at the
MayFair Inter-Continental. http://seminars.internet.com