Subject: UKNM: Totalserve.
From: Stewart Dean
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 01:39:15 +0100

It's no good - I have to share this.

I presume a lot of you have seen totalserve. My reaction is this is the kind
of thing that vindicates the Panorama program. I agree with Glen when he
says there are those out there who think things through and create worth
while businesses (note the dropping of the e). Totalserve is a poor attempt
at a fading market.

I can see it now. "Hey guys - just found 'totalserve' domain is free."
"Cool, let's get some VC money and do a portal and make loads of money. We
just do loads of ads and it'll make us rich." I can see them planning how to
spend their IPO money.

Result - poor execution and lack of any thing really to set it apart and
focus. Also see the conversation about Flash in this group. Splash pages are
for those who don't want visitors or sales (as their log files should be
telling them by now). The site will only appeal to new users who mostly have
no idea what shockwave is, if they have it or should download it. Who ever
did this site - the reality checks in the post.

Rant over - I feel better for that.

> Stewart Dean - SDeanatscient [dot] com
> Customer Experience UK
> Scient*: The eBusiness Systems Innovator*
> Be part of an epic. Send CVs to Belegendary-in-londonatscient [dot] com

Affiliate Solutions Seminar - London, England
A one day seminar for Merchants and Affiliates which
focuses on Revenue Sharing and Affiliate Marketing
for the online industry. Being held April 26, 2000, at the
MayFair Inter-Continental. http://seminars.internet.com