Subject: Re: UKNM: 'placing'
From: gmorleyf
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 17:39:09 +0100

This is an age old PR problem. Was the PR agency responsible for securing
a massive amount of column inches, or was the story too good to be left out
by the press? In the end a PR agency has to be judged on their overall
ability to cover the ground and ensure that the right message is
communicated in all relevant publications, whether or not they are dealing
with a 'natural' story.

With regard to 'placing', I would say this refers to the art of persuading
journalists to write about something they would normally not cover - either
a 'weak' story or several stories on the same subject - ie a pretty blatant
plug.

Gifford

mike [dot] brackenatguardian [dot] co [dot] uk on 08/13/98 04:02:50 PM

Please respond to uk-netmarketingatchinwag [dot] com