Subject: UKNM: Alexa/Netscape's "What's Related", WAS: sticky portals - again - or
From: Trevor May
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 14:58:18 +0100

azeem azhar wrote:

> (and whil we're beating the stick portal meme, any feelings on Alexa as a
> sticky portal? I'm just not so sure, it hasn't yet taken me anywhere I wanted
> to go).

I've found the Alexa/Netscape "What's Related" software/feature a rather
strange little thing. I'm assuming it finds "related" links by doing an
equivalent of a "link:" search on AltaVista.

Anyway, no I haven't found it very useful yet. It never seems to find me any
interesting (let alone related) sites.

Ok, I lie -- For a giggle go to www.onlinemagic.com and do a "What's Related?".

--
Trevor May
trevoratre-flex [dot] com

7 Ransome's Dock http://www.re-flex.com/
Parkgate Road Tel: +44 (0)171 801 0171
London SW11 4NP Fax: +44 (0)171 801 0181