Subject: UKNM: Legal Question
From: Jason Dale
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 09:53:03 +0100

Quick question on copyright issues.

If a site has a bunch of links and someone comes along and uses
the same links in another way, albeit the same subject matter - is
that an infringement of copyright? (I guess not, but would like to be
100%)

However if we find a commercial website of similar ilk to our own
(as we have), which because they have links which contain our
affiliate store codes (honest!) makes it pretty convincing they've half
inched from us - have they then infringed copyright and if so what
exactly is the best way to proceed (other than hoping they make
us a fortune through the affiliate link and laugh because we can't
actually believe people are so stupid!).

Cheers

Jason

Loquax - http://www.loquax.co.uk
Win Win Win WWW Competitions